The state of online security is top of mind these days. Here are a few ways to protect your social media accounts from mean ol' hackers.
- If you're handling social media for a client, use a platform that has a team functionality, like Hootsuite (see the video below featuring CEO Ryan Holmes)
- Choose a strong password with characters, numbers and phrases - refrain from using names, birth dates, pet's names, or anything that you've posted publicly online
- Avoid clicking on suspicious links in Direct Messages or Mentions, like this one: "Someone is making up a terrible rumor about you (link removed)"
- Use different passwords for each of your social media accounts
- Check your third-party apps i.e. applications you have enabled to work with your Facebook/Twitter accounts - remove any apps you don't use or that seem suspicious